Digital Brisbane strategy
View the Digital Brisbane strategy online
The Digital Brisbane strategy aims to kick-start a business revolution to ensure the city capitalises on the rapidly growing digital economy including the online market, currently valued at $US20 trillion, and future-proofs its living standards.
The Digital Brisbane strategy sets clear five-year targets including: doubling the number of Brisbane firms selling products and services online, a 35% improvement in productivity growth achieved through digital technology, and support for 50 promising local digital start-up companies.
Specific initiatives of the strategy include:
- A new Digital Business Power-up program to help more than 4000 businesses with face-to-face digital training and information forums and a further 30,000 people through web-based support tools per year
- Grants for budding entrepreneurs with promising digital potential and proactive programs to link dozens of digital business ‘start-up’ operators with potential mentors and investors
- Launch of the Coderdojo program in city libraries to encourage hundreds of young people how to master digital coding
- Hosting the TechConnect conference in Brisbane this April
- The return of the CLICK! Digital Expo in partnership with Regional Development Australia
The Digital Brisbane program would kick off immediately with the circulation of a calendar of upcoming digital events, the introduction of a digital component to the Lord Mayor’s business forums and a series of events for small and medium businesses attended by Chief Digital Officer Kieran O’Hea
To keep up to date with all the latest information about Digital Brisbane programs and initiatives please sign up to the mailing list or follow us on Twitter @DigitalBne.
Click here to download the Digital Brisbane Strategy (1.5MB download)
Click here to download the Digital Brisbane strategy launch media release (321kb download)